You’ll work under the guidance of the Marketing and Communications Lead, but you won’t find the traditional hierarchy of task distribution and control here.
Position Description: Part-time Marketing Officer(x2)
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Lead
Appointment Date: As soon as possible
MiVote Australia is an information platform that presents customers with a variety of perspectives on major issues up for debate in the Australian Parliament and many others that affect our lives, via the MiVote App. The MiVote App enables members to make an informed, well rounded decision and have a say on where our country should go. Putting real change at Australians’ fingertips.
Us and our values:
We’re a fast growing start up, passionate about redesigning democracy. To do this, we’re looking for two part-time Marketing Officers to help tell the MiVote story. MiVoteers represent our values of transparency, inclusivity, integrity, equality of opportunity, non ideological and they are for genuine representation.
You’ll work under the guidance of the Marketing and Communications Lead, but you won’t find the traditional hierarchy of task distribution and control here. We believe that there is nothing more fundamental to freedom and opportunity than for people to have self-determination. You’ll be in control of your own behaviours and goals, experience a sense of belonging working beside passionate people and also be afforded the space to develop mastery, however and wherever you see fit.
What you will have:
- established marketing or PR street cred with a reporting function
- the ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking, and demonstrate ability to deliver to deadline
- an intrinsic desire to collaborate, create and connect in order to effect change
- lived experience in working autonomously, cross-functionally both in person (as humans) and over the ether
- ability to work flexibly in a start-up environment
What you will do:
- prepare, plan and project manage the publication of all MiVote publicity material in accordance with our media calendar to promote brand presence & awareness
- assist in the ideation and creation of marketing campaigns to deadline.
The fine print:
At this stage in our journey we’re looking for skilful humans passionate about the MiVote movement who are willing to join us on a volunteer basis. We’ll need you to be available for casual hours (around 3 hours per week) from November 2016 to April 2016. Your working hours will vary and can be very flexible. We love being able to tell you that you are welcome to work from our office in Hoddle Street, Collingwood, whenever you like or you can work from home or sponge wi-fi from a cafe. As long as the work gets done. It’s also important to remember, while the post might currently be voluntary, things move quickly in start-up land and it won’t always be that way.
If you’re for a fairer democracy, on board with the MiVote movement and our values and have the requisite skills and experience for the role we’d love to hear from you.